One of my favorite things about Chicago is how accessible art is. Art is everywhere....it's in architecture, museums, outdoor sculpture, parks, and people...the city itself is art.
I can't go anywhere without coming across something beautiful, creative, or interesting. I love that these things are out in the open for everyone to enjoy....or not enjoy, depending on one's opinion.
You don't have to go to a museum to engage in something visually interesting or captivating, because it's right in front of you. That's what is so awesome about public art. It makes art known to the casual passerby and hopefully engages people who otherwise wouldn't be interested.
I am one to seek out the creative, which is exactly what I did last Saturday. I convinced Justin to go with me on a walking tour of the Loop neighborhood of Chicago, which is the area of town we live in. It's also the main business district and full of public art. I was absolutely amazed to be able to stand in one spot and have views of sculpture by 3 world famous artists. I dusted off my "real" camera and had a little fun. Here is a link to my album:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=294897&id=584913342&l=3fee4ecbb4
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=294897&id=584913342&l=3fee4ecbb4
Hope you enjoy your mini tour of Art in the Loop!






No comments:
Post a Comment