8.24.2010

Moving Day

Brizzie and I are sitting on the screened porch while four mover guys pack up our house. I love this porch and I'm definitely going to miss spending time out here. I fell in love with it a year ago when we bought our house. Can't believe we only lived here a year and we're already moving, but that's how my life has been for a while now. As my mom said....everyone has their thing....mine is moving.






I broke out in tears a couple months ago when our realtor put the "for sale" sign in our yard. I wanted a house for so long, and I finally had one....and a great one at that. It was a very tough decision to move, which Justin and I struggled with because of all the unknowns and leaving our families. But, the "for sale" sign was more than just a sign in our yard. It marked the beginning of a new journey for us, and everything has fallen into place thus far. We couldn't have asked for a smoother move (fingers crossed), and I am now confident we made the absolute right decision.


I am so excited to begin our lives in Chicago. The kitties and Justin are already there. Brizz and I will be hitting the road tomorrow, making a trip to Myrtle Beach first. I haven't been there this summer, and it's just not a summer without a trip to Myrtle Beach! It will be Brizzie's first time experiencing the sand and sea, so I can't wait to see how she reacts! 


Mom, Brizzie, and I will hauling it 14+ hours to Chicago in the Liberty end of next week....that will be quite a trek I'm sure.


Goodbye Hanover Ridge (sniff, sniff)......you've been an awesome first home!




and the journey begins!........





No comments:

Post a Comment